This might not be your typical post but I feel like it deserves just as much attention as any other. It’s my Dad’s birthday. He’s not just any Dad… He’s my Dad. My hero as a child, my mentor as a teen and my friend as an adult. I wanted to keep this short and simple. I thought of all the little things that make up my Dad (in no particular order) and listed them below.
- his fondness of Tea
- the way he used to rush us to the make believe “hospital” (aka the bathroom) when we would get a very real boo-boo
- his love of mariachis
- his devotion to my Mom
- his unshaken faith in God
- his perseverance
- his corny jokes
- how he always drove on road trips and stayed up when everyone else was sleeping
- how he enjoys being a grandpa
- his stories are always the best!
- his support for me in the Arts: dancing, drawing, photography and fashion school.
- the connections he makes with others
- his uncanny resemblance to Robert De Niro
- his love of hats…
|Grandpa Rex and Benjamin Jr.|
Happy Birthday Dad! I hope you have a wonderful day. I have been pondering what to get you for several weeks. I wanted you to know that I think about you often and I wish you were here to celebrate with me. You are very much loved. Love always, Kristin, Alex, Ace and Penelope. ♥