The only mountains I climb are made of laundry so I think it’s safe to say I was hiking on foreign soil when I put these boots in the cart. However, It was finally time to buy a pair of winter shoes and stop trying to pretend that my feet weren’t cold in my mules. Yes, even in Los Angeles weather. I found an adorable pair of lightweight hiking boots that are really stylish at my local Target. I became obsessed trying them on with everything in my closet! Even dresses and blouses. Turn’s out, hiking boots are lots of fun to dress up or play down.
5 Ways to Styling Hiking Boots
1. Add a girly touch. Try a pair of tights, a skirt, sweater and hat. This way, you can be warm, comfortable and feminine even if your sporting a hefty boot. You can also try switching your laces on your boots for ribbons to “amp up the chic” and totally personalize your pair.
2. Practicality. Is it cold AF where you are? Is it snowing? Boot up with a thick sock rolled over the top with denim, sweater, vest and a coat. Make sure to top it off with a cute pom beanie and adorable knitted gloves!
3. Leggings. Lets face it, we ALL love leggings. It’s like a girl code. We deny owning and wearing them but deep down in the closet, there’s an over flow of them. Next to the faja’s. Try them with one of my favorite combo’s: boots, white tee ( or graphic tee) and a flannel tied around your waist. It’s perfect for hiding your bum and those granny panties you accidentally forgot to switch up. #nopantyline
4. Pair your boots with a colorful pop in sock form. Adding a long sock is not only practical for cooler weather, it adds another element to an #ootd. If you are big on color, adding a red sock ( or any other color of choice ) and folding it over the top can instantly update a boring and bland look.
5. Lots of Layers. My long line coat obsession is perfect for blending with a hiking boot. All that’s missing is a over sized thick scarf and the traditional weather. Not this 70 degree Los Angeles sun.
I’m actually quite smitten with these laces! I feel rugged without having to climb a mountain.
hiking boot from Target // Wildfox denim // long sleeve Tee from Target // Army green trench from Forever 21 // Pom Beanie from Target
Remember, you got options:
Kinda Ugly, Practical and oh-so-comfortable, these boots (duck boot, hiking boot, rain boots) are making a comeback this season. Jump on the fashion train with one of these sensible boots listed at several price points ↓
I hope you are staying warm this Holiday season! Let me know what you think about this casual winter outfit and if you currently have any other unique tips to styling such a cool utility boot. Also, I’ve posted my favorite winter looks on my Pinterest + some hiking boot-Inspo. Just click this link. Until next time,